Wednesday, November 25, 2009

From Peanuts to the Pressbox

In this behind-the-scenes look at sports broadcasting Eli Gold tells how a kid from Brooklyn, New York, went from selling peanuts at Madison Square Garden to being one of the most recognizable voices in all of radio sports broadcasting.

I got the opportunity to review From Peanuts to the Pressbox through the Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers network. I have to admit, I had never heard of Eli Gold before I picked up this book. I realize that may sound blasphemous to many sports fans, but I have only been watching sports for a few years. Regardless, I really enjoyed this book. Eli Gold's story is one of ambition and determination.

From Peanuts to the Pressbox is filled with heartfelt memories, and funny anecdotes. Gold has a way of really making you feel like you are right there with him through it all. Not only will your favorite sports fan love this book, but don't be afraid to pick it up even if you're not a huge fan!

Thomas Nelson Publishers provided me with a free copy of this book to review. All opinions are solely mine and are not influenced in any way.

No comments: