Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A nice change from the books.

As a reviewer for Thomas Nelson publishers, I received a new DVD from Max Lucado's Hermie and Friends series. It's called Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure.



Skeeter the mosquito has a crooked nose that causes him all kinds of problems. He has trouble with his sense of direction, and is often poking people accidentally. To make matters worse, his brother, Sinclair, appears to have it all. He has a perfect stinger and is a world-renowned explorer, but he lacks one thing. He can not fly. Together, they use their special talents to hunt for lost treasure with their father's map.

All in all I have to say I enjoyed watching this with my 3 year old son. I don't know if he quite got the message, but he sure did like the bugs. It's based on Psalm 139: Verses 13-14: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." What a great message for kids and adults alike!

Thomas Nelson Publishers provided me with a free DVD to review. All opinions are solely mine and are not influenced in any way.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I love Max Lucado. I didn't know he wrote that book. I've only ever read his books like "If Only I had a Green Nose" and "You Are Mine". Thanks for sharing!