Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The American Patriot's Almanac

I am really enjoying this next book. The American Patriot's Alamanac - Daily Readings on America. As soon as I got this book I couldn't wait to open it up. First of all, I really love that it's made to look like an old weathered book. I think that it gives it quite a bit of character.

This is a great book for someone who loves History. Especially American History. The book begins on January first with a paragraph about something that happened on that day in history. On January 1st, 1863, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation. Did you know that? After the paragraph, it tells you a few more highlights that happened on that date as well. I really think that this would be a great book to read each day with your children. If you are homeschooling, it would be great for History lessons. This is definitely a must-have in my family. My son is not old enough to understand it yet, but when he is, you can be sure we'll be reading this book every single day!

Thomas Nelson Publishers provided me with a free copy of this book to review. All opinions are solely mine and are not influenced in any way.

No comments: